Message from the Director of Admissions
Ave! Since 1964, St. Stephen's has dedicated itself to shaping the futures of its students who have gone on to build flourishing careers and assume leadership roles in their respective fields around the globe. As the only co-educational, day and boarding international school in the heart of historic Rome, we invite applications from highly motivated students from around the world.
Young people between the ages of 14-18 who are interested in undertaking a rigorous academic program and who wish to benefit from the diverse international community, as well as the cultural, artistic and historical patrimony of Rome and Italy, will find a warm, caring and inclusive learning environment at St. Stephen's. The experiential nature of our curriculum, which includes local field trips and an extensive trip program, confers a hands-on feel to a challenging IB-oriented education and also suits the needs of post-graduates seeking an extension to their high school diploma and an away-from-home experience prior to college. Our alumni leave culturally enriched, many of them with outstanding academic qualifications, to go on to the best colleges and universities in the world. The fact that so many remain in touch after graduating is a testimony to the transformative role that St. Stephen's has played in their lives.
In accordance with our mission, we seek to admit students who:
- are intellectually prepared and ready to learn,
- can think creatively, critically and scientifically,
- possess the motivation to succeed and the potential to excel academically
- demonstrate personal and social integrity,
- bring diversity and an international perspective into the classroom,
- are committed to contributing to the school, local and global communities.
Starting your application to St. Stephen's is a potentially life-changing step: congratulations for taking it! We are thrilled that you wish to join us and look forward to assisting you through the admission process.
How to apply
For us to process your application in a timely fashion, we recommend that you follow these guidelines:
Prospective applicants to grade 9 are advised to visit the school with their parents during one of our Open Days, which are held from 09:00 to 12:00, by appointment only, on specified days throughout the fall. During Open Days, you will experience a mini-immersion in the daily life of our school. If you are unable to join us on one of these days, please sign up for a campus tour. If you decide to proceed with your application, you must also take an admission test. Please reserve your testing date by contacting email@example.com.
To be considered for the upcoming academic year, the application checklist must be completed no later than January 26 prior to entry. The documents requested are listed below.
Admission to grades 10 through 12 is dependent upon available places. Applications will only be processed once all the required steps have been completed, all requested documentation has been submitted and the application fee has been paid.
Applicants wishing to board follow the same procedures, although an onsite visit with your parents or guardians is strongly recommended and an interview with the Boarding Head is mandatory. We offer rolling admission for boarding applicants, provided there is space available.
- Visit St. Stephen's.
- Schedule an on-site admissions test and interview (January 19, 2019, local grade 9 applicants; other grades by appointment) OR, if you are unable to visit, provide a graded writing sample and standardized testing results (e.g. PSAT, SSAT, SAT, AP, TOEFL, IGCSE, etc) where available, and schedule a Skype interview with the Director of Admissions.
- Complete the online application form.
- Boarding applicants only: complete the Supplementary Boarding Form and schedule an interview with one of our Boarding Heads.
- Upload a copy of the photo page of your passport.
- Provide the previous year's official transcript from your current or previous school(s), plus your most recent trimester/semester report.
- Request two teacher recommendations via the link provided when you fill in the online application.
- Submit your application and remit the application fee of €150 via bank transfer to: (payee) ST. STEPHEN'S SCHOOL CORPORATION (European wire transfers) BANCA POPOLARE DI SONDRIO, Agenzia 29 FAO - ROMA, Viale Terme di Caracalla 1, 00153 Roma, Italy. IBAN: IT 49 V 05696 03229 000003836X48 BIC SWIFT: POSOIT22XXX. (Wire transfers from the United States) WELLS FARGO BANK, Routing #: 121000248 Account #: 5207455279. Please indicate "Application Fee for [the applicant's name] on the payment order.
Please note that completing the application process does not automatically guarantee enrollment. All documents listed above must be received on or before the application deadline of January 31. Each applicant file is reviewed by an admissions committee whole make the final decision. Day applicants will be notified of admission decisions in February/March; boarding applicants are notified within one month of application. For successful applicants, enrollment confirmation is contingent upon receipt of a €2000 deposit and receipt of a duly completed student health form and medical insurance attestation, plus a hard copy of the original enrollment contract (and supplementary boarding agreement for boarders), signed by both parents. Matriculation is the final step of the admission process, and occurs after initial fee payments have been made and course registrations have been finalized with the academic office.
For any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information about financial assistance, please contact our Director of Admission and Financial Aid, Lesley Murphy, at email@example.com.
St. Stephen's School admits qualified students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, and gender identity.